Milian's Doom Site Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Tester needed!

Reply to topic    Milian's Doom Site Forum Index » The Biovite Project View previous topic
View next topic
Tester needed!
Milian
Site Admin

Post Tester needed! Reply with quote
Biovite 3 is now ready for testing. If you want to try it out, please PM me or leave a message in this thread, or write me an e-mail.

Thanks!

Milian

Last edited by Milian on Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
Belial

Post Reply with quote
DLed it. Gonna try it now. I always play on UV, and having played the first 2 maps earlier I can tell you that your maps aren't NM compatible. Smile
Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:46 pm
Milian
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Belial wrote:
I can tell you that your maps aren't NM compatible. Smile

They're too hard or too easy? Well, too hard, I guess. That would be ok. Better than too easy Smile

Thanks for testing anyway!

Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
Belial

Post Reply with quote
1. In the church-like building with the black lizards if you trigger the 2 barons without killing the lizards they will not spawn if their spawnspots are blocked.

2. In the yellow key area you can grab the blue armor through the bars.

3. The mirrors in one of the armories are HOMing.

4. I think the black lizards need a bigger monster radius. They're very hard to hit with hitscans.

5. Some mistexturings, like the plasmashield switch.

So far this is the best map in the wad. The boss fight was disappointing. An archvile attack and not nearly enough health (2-3 bfg shots). Gonna play it some more of course but not today.
Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:28 am
Belial

Post Reply with quote
Heh, forgot to tell you, even though I've idclipped through every area after being done with the map there were 5 kills missing.

After 2 h of playing (check post times) I ended up having 36 minutes of maptime when starting the map from scratch.
Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:53 am
Milian
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi, Belial!

Thanks a lot for testing and for your hints.

1. is hard to fix without limiting the Lizards (and Barons) to a narrow room (with blocking lines), which would make them too harmless. So, I can only hope that the spawnspots aren't blocked.

2. Fixed that

3. I tried to fix that, but it's hard to do without rebuilding a large part of the map. When the doors are open, there's not enough void room behind them, which causes the HOM. It should only occur shortly when you enter the rooms.

4. You're right, they are hard to hit. But I like it like this, cause due to their small radius, they can easily flit by your side and surround you.

5. Fixed that, too. (You mean the wall under the switch? The switch itself looks right to me.)

About the boss fight:
It's a question of strategy, I think. If you don't know him, the Neurachnid can be hard to cope with. But if you know him better, it's not that hard to avoid his attacks. Did you find the Soulsphere in that area?

I can't imagine where the 5 monsters were gone. I found one Phobetor stuck to a stone in the first outside area behind the temple. And one monster is hidden with a secret.

Ok, thanks again. Your hints are very useful.
I'll upload a new version with some fixes and changes.

Milian

Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:24 am View user's profile Send private message
Belial

Post Reply with quote
1. I have noticed that barons can leave the building but lizards can't. Maybe allowing the lizards to exit would help.

3. It is short but if I was you I'd sacrifice the effect to get rid of the bug. It just looks bad. It's your call of course.

4. Ok.

5. The switch appeared 2 times on the wall, in the right place and above it.

About the boss, once I knew he used the archvile attack I just walked right next to him and fired the bfg. No strategy in that. The soulsphere is obvious, it's just a switch you need to use.

I found all the secrets.

I'll try to record a demo next time.
Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:29 pm
Reply to topic    Milian's Doom Site Forum Index » The Biovite Project All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: