Milian's Doom Site Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Nutty II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Milian's Doom Site Forum Index » The Nutty Wad & Nutty" View previous topic
View next topic
Nutty II
Milian
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Ok, today I finished the third map for this release.
All maps are done now and I'm confident, we'll see the new version tomorrow.
I only have to put all the new stuff into the wad and maybe make some changes to earlier maps.

Milian

Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
fucking w00t!

you wait ages and then...
looks like there's gonna be 2 new releases tomorrow Cool
Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:09 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Whiteboy567

Post Reply with quote
This makes me feel all nutty inside.
Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:15 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Whiteboy567

Post Reply with quote
Hey guys! So hm hows this coming along cause im eagerly awaiting the next version lol.
Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:30 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Milian
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hmm, that's a good question!
I don't spend too much time with mapping atm, and when I do, it's for Biovite or for my next project, but hardly more than 1 hour per week. So the next release of Nutty" may take some time, I guess...

Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
dljosef

Post Reply with quote
I'm new to this forum but I have an idea for a map, two maps actually, for nutty''.

I've seen the Autobahn map and I though it was great for a DM level with platforming thrown in it. My first idea for a map is a very long bullet train (at least 30 cars long) zooming through a seemingly-eternal wormhole. Don't forget to make it that if anyone falls off the train, they die instantly. I'll leave you with the item/weapon placement and the music because I don't really care what music you use for this map idea.

My second idea for a map is an enormous enchanted palace (it should have an Alice-like feel to it) with at least 100 rooms (Don't forget all of the necessary rooms inside the palace and the courtyard) with random monsters spawning randomly in any of the rooms (The cyberdemon or spiderdemon (or both) can spawn in the throne room) but also the monsters spawn every 15 or so seconds. The player should start at the gates of the castle with two switches in front of him/her deciding whether to start the level with or without the randomly spawning monsters. The spawning monsters can be restricted solely for solo play for the player to get used to the level because in deathmatch mode, the monsters just tend to get in the way as some players might say. About powerups in the palace level, they can also randomly spawn in the secret areas of the palace, such as hidden treasuries and secret passages (there should be at least three megaspheres (one on the throne in the throne room) in the entire level) and some supersecret areas if you decide to add any. I leave you with the rest of the item and weapon placements, the hazards (if you feel like placing any), and the bizzare rooms (funhouse-style rooms such as one with moving floors and one with upside-down furniture), which there should be 50 (or less) because I have a weakness for those kind of rooms. The music I recommend for this map idea is Exquisite by TSEC because a map like this can use trance music to make it sound more soothing.

That's all the ideas I have, please at least tell me what you think of them.
Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:42 am View user's profile Send private message
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
ah, hi Very Happy

interesting ideas you have there perhaps. we tend to stick to our own ideas for the maps though and also to keep them from being anything we've seen before.

your train map sounds a little too similar to Autobahn and much too similar to p0x's train. check it out if you haven't already. try looking for p0xtrain.wad (or map03 in ZDS1.wad).
[note to self: oh... i just found that map was by EarthQuake, not p0x... ]

as for the 'enchanted palace'? well it sounds a bit like Milian's 'Through the Looking Glass' map from the first Nutty (especially with the Alice theme). and erm... 100 rooms? Shocked there's Nutty and there's just unplayable Wink
randomly spawning weapons/items have definitely been done here and monsters... well, i already feel there are perhaps too many maps in the Nuttys which rely on them Sad
and heh, every map of the Nutty series is a funhouse! Laughing

and while i love Exquisite, i'd think very hard before i used it in any map as it's such an obvious choice and any map that used it would have a hell of a lot to live up to.

so yeah, not bad ideas but we're not really looking, especially at the moment as we only have 12 precious slots left to fill between us and then there will be no more Nuttiness!

Nutty2 may have been out of sight for some time now but it is far from out of mind Wink
Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:22 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
dljosef

Post Reply with quote
Cybershark - I know you and Milian stick to your own ideas but if I ever could map, then I'd stick solely to mine. I'd just like sharing them with others but it doesn't really mean they have to be a reality. Wink

About Exquisite, it was used in that one bizzare map I played, The Void.

P.S. Where can I find this ZDS1.wad? I'd like to get a good look at it. Wink

-Josef
Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
yeah, thanks for sharing anyways.

yes, Exquisite was used in Void. that's why i think it'd be too obvious and would have big shoes to fill if used elsewhere.
* prods Milian once more to go play Void

as for ZDS1.wad, you can just pick that up with GetWad Wink
Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:49 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
mkay, let's get the ball rolling here again.

so new maps Milian...
map22 looks funky but i'm not sure how many players it'll hold. also yeah, i don't really see what's Nutty about it Confused
map24... hmm... it's good but perhaps still a bit too similar to what's gone before. there is a reason Lava Lamp is only a bonus map and not part of the regular rotation remember? Wink looks great though!

haven't checked out the revisions to earlier ones yet, i'm sure they're good though.

and are we just aiming for 4 new maps in this release? or you want to make it 6 again?

i've been kicking some dehacked ass the last couple of days with a pair of old and newer ideas which i've been able to implement. if i can get maps made for them then we'll have something quite fun and very fresh and you'll see how monsters should be used in Nutty maps Razz
Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:38 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Milian
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hmmm, I didn't want to re-invent Doom with every map. "Candyland" has a nice scenery, I think. Creating unusual scenery isn't less nutty than unusual gameplay ( maps 03 and 14 are all about scenery, too). So I see nothing wrong with it.

And yes, let's limit ourselves to 4 new maps or we'll never see a new release. The current version sucks and has too many lowpoints, so I want to see a better version as soon as possible.

Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
i wouldn't say either map03 or 14 are all about scenery.
i think Candyland would be a bit much with many players though.

and Nutty should still be about reinventing with every map! Cool

ok, 4 new is fine. i currently have 3 definite ideas for maps. one i've just this minute worked into a basic layout and i'm liking the simplicity of it.
another i have the mechanics down for and the third i've just put off working out a floorplan for.

so let's see what turns up over the coming week.
Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:01 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
hmm ok, that week got thrown off some what with Toke's passing and then me going off to work on a crapload of graphics i've been ripping from arcade games and then some more work on Lesion][, etc... Rolling Eyes

it's never all unrelated though and i've just spent a good while today inserting some of these fresh new textures into the layout i had done and making it all look as good as can be. this map could also do with some serious spriting for a certain something in the map but i think it'll just be added pretty much as is for now (and then added to later in that great Nutty tradition).

so yeah, evidence of work here:

more soon! Very Happy
Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:36 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Milian
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Nice! That's looking good. I äm looking forward to seeing the rest and the next release!

Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
Milian
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hey, Shark!
Is there any news concerning Nutty"? I want to play it!

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
Milian
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Ok, thanks.

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:21 am View user's profile Send private message
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Milian's Doom Site Forum Index » The Nutty Wad & Nutty" All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: