Milian's Doom Site Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
nutty 2

Reply to topic    Milian's Doom Site Forum Index » The Nutty Wad & Nutty" View previous topic
View next topic
nutty 2
VICHONIX

Post nutty 2 Reply with quote
wave, I'm vichonix (spain) and do not speak English very well, but the point is that I want to tell milian's wad, program (I am sure that doom builder) to make use nutty 2 doom because I have the builder and I want to make a game such as thanks.
Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
Hiya!

Yes, both Milian and I use Doombuilder to make all our maps. Good luck with yours!
Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:15 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Magnetron256

Post Reply with quote
I use DoomBuilder too. Which demonstrates that the results can be quite varied when using such software. Laughing

Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:42 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Cybershark

Post HE'S ALIIIIIVE! Reply with quote
Ummm... well... there's sorta a new version of n" ready to go out the door Surprised

Although the project was officially cancelled a couple of years back it was always something I worked on from time to time.

Some friends started running the old 2_14 build which annoyed me as 2_20 is far superior. So I put together a text file for that and uploaded it to DogSoft (the most prominent Zdaemon WAD repository). Of course that was still annoying as I knew I had (the WIP) 2_24 on my drive with all of Milian's fixes, new maps and much more.

Anyways, recently I really seriously got back into working on it and it has a couple new maps from me in addition to all the other improvements - and most importantly doesn't crash everytime a chicken explodes now (don't ask Laughing ). Also I'm trying to ensure it's all 100% compatible with SkullTag too.

Oh and I still don't anticipate this being a final version as I dug up quite a few old concept maps recently Cool

I guess really it'd just be nice to have Milian's blessing for another release. Also there are some mods I made to a couple of your maps which I obviously need to clear with you!
The changes were:
    Sandcastle Hassle - it just seemed to make sense to me that the surf van seen on map09's Autobahn would be cool to have parked in the distance.
    Random Frag Party - I got to thinking about this one again as I know the way you had the weapons and ammo constantly spawning was not what you originally had in mind. I effectively inverted the structure of the items and script so what now happens is that every type of weapon and ammo is initially present in the map. The script then removes everything but the type that the randomiser selected. This works perfectly online as the guns stay and do not have ghosts. Of course the ammo is now only replenished when it naturally respawns.

How does that sound to you?
Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:48 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
Ok, so it is done with 4 'new' maps and countless revisions!

http://wadhost.fathax.com/files/nutty2_24.zip

We'll be running it on ZDS tonight although currently there is a small problem with map04. Well two actually.
The main problem is with the NOJUMP command that got added to the MAPINFO. My understanding of this was that it is map specific and that the server should revert to normal settings for the next map - as it does for things like aircon, gravity, falling damage, etc. Currently this is not the case which means every subsequent map would be jumpless. Kilgore has been notified though!
The second problem is a clash between how (I think) Milian intends the map to be seen and how it currently is due to my messing with the rocket decals. This is very easy to fix with some blocking lines to prevent the projectiles marking the walls. Dunno if he'll feel it necessary for next version or not.
Sat May 09, 2009 5:20 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
VICHONIX

Post Reply with quote
THANKS!

Sat May 16, 2009 9:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Milian's Doom Site Forum Index » The Nutty Wad & Nutty" All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: