Milian's Doom Site Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Great wad

Reply to topic    Milian's Doom Site Forum Index » The Nutty Wad & Nutty" View previous topic
View next topic
Great wad
drs

Post Great wad Reply with quote
Hi, Just like to say I think the nutty wad is great Smile

I think it's particularly good for 'noobs' (for want of a better word Sad) such as myself, as most of the maps are nice and small, so easy to find the other players Laughing

It certainly has the most insane maps i've ever played on!!!
Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:10 pm
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
thanks for all the kind words man, and all the relentless hosting you're doing too Smile

yeah, it be some crazy shit. we like to think that Nutty is open to players at all levels of skill. 'noobs' who are just 'learning the ropes' or well established players who just want to unwind.
and i'm not saying which category i fall into Razz

Midlanders on top!
Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:21 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
BTW, really cool stuff you've got going on with your in game 'STATS' readout.

not tried it yet but i found it cool to checkout your page and see who'd been playing Nutty on your server.

damn, if we could get some kind of stat collection for the maps that players disconnected on we'd have an excellent way of reviewing it. Smile
Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:59 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
drs

Post Reply with quote
Cybershark wrote:
BTW, really cool stuff you've got going on with your in game 'STATS' readout.

not tried it yet but i found it cool to checkout your page and see who'd been playing Nutty on your server.

heh, thanks Smile

Got to say, from what I've seen of it, I like the new nutty32 wad as well Smile, keep up the good work Razz
I would have been playing it more, but I have a really pants connection here at uni Sad
If your interested, nutty32.zip has already been downloaded ~120 times from my webspace Shocked

Quote:
damn, if we could get some kind of stat collection for the maps that players disconnected on we'd have an excellent way of reviewing it. Smile
hmmm, I might just try doing that at some point...
Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:24 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Milian
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
drs wrote:

If your interested, nutty32.zip has already been downloaded ~120 times from my webspace Shocked

Wow! In only 2 days!
It's so good to see Nutty online - the more as the [CHIP]-Servers seem to have gone permanently now Crying or Very sad
So thanks a lot for keeping the Nutty Experience alive!

Milian

Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:27 am View user's profile Send private message
drs

Post Reply with quote
OK, nutty32.zip has now been downloaded ~500 times from my webspace, and so far this month it's used up 30% of my bandwidth already Shocked
If it carries on at this rate, i won't be able host the actual wad file towards the end of the month. Sad

And you'd think as time went on, the number of downloads would decrease as people already had the wad. This doesn't seem to be the case Confused

Anyway, just shows how popular it is Very Happy
Fri May 06, 2005 11:15 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Post Reply with quote
Hi, drs,
in case you go low on bandwidth, you may always put a link to my site for downloading. Players can get both wads, sharkvox and nutty, from http://www.milianmusik.de/doom/nutty.html.

Currently, we're working on the final relase of nutty, and when it's done we will upload it to the doomworld archives, so in the course of May nutty won't stress anyone's bandwidth and it can be downloaded from the public ftp-mirrors.

Thanks for all your help!

Milian

Fri May 06, 2005 11:27 pm
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
500 times?!?!? it's only 2 weeks old!

so that's approximately 36 times a day? Shocked

but how many of those folks jumped straight out again when they realised they weren't in for standard deathmatch play? Twisted Evil

yeh, go put Mili's URL in your server details. or change the link on your page to it - or you'll have no 'width to do anything (let alone host).
i'm not sure GetWad can cope with following links on pages so maybe you should just put the following URL on your webpage:
http://www.milianmusik.de/doom/downloads/nutty32.zip

although in my current soundless state it doesn't affect me, it's a little upsetting that there seems to be no way for anybody new to Nutty to get ahold of SharkVox. (plus also they might not realise they can)

could you add a link to your page for this file too?
it's http://www.milianmusik.de/doom/downloads/sharkvox.zip
and maybe make it mandatory in your server config? Nutty's just not the same without it Wink
Sat May 07, 2005 3:43 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Milian
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi, Shark,
Getwad looks for any link on the given site. so if you set "nutty.html" as download page and both wads are linked on that page, getwad will get them. Otherwise you couldn't make more than one wad mandatory.

Sat May 07, 2005 9:50 am View user's profile Send private message

Post Reply with quote
Hi,
If (/when) I get to around 70%-80% bandwidth usage, then I'll change the server information to point to your site, thanks Smile

And sharkvox, as it's only small, I may as well put it on my webspace & make it mandatory Smile
Sat May 07, 2005 11:29 am
drs

Post Reply with quote
damit, forgot to login Evil or Very Mad
Sat May 07, 2005 11:31 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic    Milian's Doom Site Forum Index » The Nutty Wad & Nutty" All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: