Milian's Doom Site Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Nutty II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Milian's Doom Site Forum Index » The Nutty Wad & Nutty" View previous topic
View next topic
Nutty II
Cybershark

Post omg! it's a quarter of the way done! Reply with quote
ok, i'm all wrapped up here.
nutty2_8 it is.

won't be around to play it tonight unfortunately Mad
but soon...

now to spread the word i guess!
Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:28 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Cybershark

Post Cyber's Nutty" diary Reply with quote
idk, seemed like a while since anything got posted so i thought i'd do some sharing again Very Happy

this map is most likely a contender for the next Nutty" release being as i really can't think of anything else to add to it. it's already had some online testing and seems great. Cyber finishes a map - WOOT!

and this is one of my oldest ideas that i finally did something with last week. there's not much of a map there at the moment but it's coming along nicely. i put wheels on the vehicles today so i had to show that off Razz

heh, i remember when i used to keep everything top secret until release - now i just get too damn excited and have to post pictures Laughing
anyways, dunno when next Nutty" release will be but the plan is for it to contain 6 new maps.
Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:57 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Milian
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
nice!
I already had the honour to test both maps, and especially the vehicle/autobahn-map is really promising.

I don't know too much about my next contributions.
One map is complete, and as you would expect, it's an oldshkool map, of course... the map is TEH oldskool! Twisted Evil

Other than that I only have some ideas but they're all too complicated, it seems. Rolling Eyes

Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
[LIS]lippy

Post Reply with quote
Hi you guys, nice work so far on the nutty wad! By the way cybershark did you get my email with the shotgun and chainsaw wad on?
Please have a go at finishing it of if you did. By the way ive got an idea for the nutty wad, get like smileys right, and stick them onto the textures that you put on the walls. Probbably is impossible me day dreaming again lol. Laughing

Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:31 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Milian
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
@Lippy

You want Smiley-monsters?? That reminds me of an idea, Shark and I had about changing some monsters. But this will be a surprise...

Anyway, I can now offer two screenshots of my upcoming maps for Nutty"

First my first real oldskool map:

And second a quite special map playing in a very special location:

Smile

Milian

Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
[LIS]lippy

Post Reply with quote
That reminds me of another idea! A level that is a hotel!
With the lounge bedrooms stairs kitchen Libary! And more!
it's a silly idea.

Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:48 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Milian
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
You mean, an HQ? Wink

Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
GAH!

stop teh HQ madness!

Lippy, yes i did get your mails. only just got back to you today tho.

Mili, really don't recall the monster idea - guess it'll be a surprise to me too Laughing
Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:50 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
[LIS]lippy

Post Reply with quote
lol sorry id love to change the monsters if it was easier

Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:41 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Cybershark

Post Cyber's diary Reply with quote
ok, figured it was time for an update again.

my 'Fantastic!' map is now 100% done. i learnt some more scripting tricks and had some really fiddly graphics to make for it but that is all finished now. there's nothing new to see in a still image though.

'Autobahn' you'll notice has had its pic at the top of the page updated.
it now has a whole host of spiffy looking vehicles and has survived its first online tests ok. this map, while playable could still do with a bit more detailing. it's about 90% done though i guess.

i do keep getting distracted by other things i think of but it's all good because it only increases my knowledge of mapping and will only end up benefitting Nutty.
my scripting and dehacked are coming along in leaps and bounds Wink
i also made my first CTF map this week and also have a couple of 1on1 maps done now too. Very Happy

as far as next release of Nutty goes though, i'm still not totally sure which my final contribution will be. i have quite a lot of work-in-progress maps and also one that's done (but Milian and i don't feel that one's appropriate for this release).
but i have fixed all the glitches in my first 4 maps and will surely be soon passing my work back to Milian. there's will also be a little bonus in the forthcoming release - so WATCH OUT! Cool
Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:16 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Cybershark

me loves double posting Laughing

"Fantastic!" is now 110% done Cool
"Autobahn" is all wrapped up too. and it looks fucking awesome with those chickens flying around in it Wink

both these maps have been added to the Nutty" WAD now. and most importantly i have my 3rd map decided and it's quite playable. i just need to make it slightly bigger, pick out a decent tune for it and retexture the map a little (it's not the prettiest atm Laughing ).
this i believe will all be done tomorrow. then it's over to Milian and 2_14 will be on the shelves in a couple of days time at your favourite Nut stockist.
Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:46 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Cybershark

all done at this end Very Happy
Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:18 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Whiteboy567

Post Reply with quote
Yea good job guys i just played the latest release now. I havent gotten the chance to play it online but i did check it out offline and these maps are pretty cool. The car map looks like it has lots of fun to be had online and i like the moving effect you gave it. That map like wheel of fortune totally suprised me really cool Smile. Motel level was also cool reminded me of the good old hq days heh. The chicken around corners was also suprising didnt expect it at all. Great job.
Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:53 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
thanks once again Whitey Very Happy

yeah, Autobahn rocks. unfortunately it suffers quite a bit with poor jumping behaviour online but it's still a blast.

'Wheel of Fortune' huh? well, my name was a bit lame - perhaps it'll get renamed 'Wheel of Misfortune' next time around. if i don't go and reinvent it completely that is. that map is still raw as hell Laughing

'good old HQ days...' bah Razz

anyways, back to the diary:
i haven't really been thinking about working on Nutty" stuff i guess. as usual, it just kinda 'happens' Laughing
this time last week there was nada. but i went back to an old idea and rebuilt it from scratch and well... it's workable now Smile

inspired by this i looked at my oh-so-delayed Sentinel map and tore that up a bit and then put it back together. this one was already at a pretty advanced (but unworkable) stage before. and now it's workable too - just not quite complete.
but i can really see the light at the end of the tunnel for this one now Very Happy
Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:57 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
wow, well that one came together quite nicely today Very Happy

the incomplete map had a bit of a test drive last night. got some great input from Adereth (as always) and Englander too. DRS and Milian - you missed out Razz

wasn't sure where i was going with the sky - it seemed to be a toss up between a starry one or a really simple 'authentic original' one. the stars looked ok but the original just fitted soooo well. Smile

i also spent a fair while tinkering with the look of the Sentinel. he looks more like his original now too.

and most importantly i filled in the final jigsaw pieces on the map Very Happy

all i need to do now is add some decent item placement, implement a little gravity and tinker with the Sentinel's attack behaviour and sounds.

anyways... see!

Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:22 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Post Reply with quote
ok, so i've done absolutely nothing more to the Sentinel map since then Laughing
but as i said, there's really not much more to do and i have another new map finished. it'd been sat in my in-tray for ages but i'd gotten mental blocked on it too Confused
once work kinda tailed off on a lot of the other crap i've been doing i went back to it and got it done in no time. the version we tried online had some fancy scripting in it which behaved most bizarrely - the first 2 games we played had no special items, the third game did Shocked
really, really odd.

fortunately the scripting tricks were just something i wanted to try, i had an original 'plan A' in mind from way back. so i went back to that and the map is done.

i can't be arsed to upload a new pic of it so you'll have to settle for an old in-development one for now Razz

that gives some idea of what to expect. hmm... two blue and green maps... need more colours!

once again, i'm still not 100% on what my third map will be for this edition - never know til it's done Laughing
but i have been through all 7 of my maps in Nutty2_14 and made adjustments. some, as on Fantastic and Quicksand are hardly noticeable, others will be much moreso Wink
Shooting Accuracy has a new name, a totally new look and will play much better now. thanks go to Whiteboy for the new name Very Happy

also expect the usual(?) bunch of extra sounds and graphics around the place which will only make it taste that much Nuttier Cool
Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:19 am
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
FECK!

yeah that was me Evil or Very Mad
Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:38 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Cybershark

Post Diaryus Maximus Reply with quote
alrighty, so i sat down the very next day and got a new map down.

of course, as seems to be the case with almost evrything new i do it turned to shit online Laughing
am currently reworking it but it'll still be pretty decent when i finish Wink
Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:44 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
ok, so after some final monster grappling with XWE - that is grappling on a large scale rather than y'know, wrestling with the actual monsters Razz - i got all the data rammed into one WAD and have it passed back to Milian at long last.
still no idea when it'll all be complete - don't see why he should rush when i took so damn long Laughing

also, look out for me bringing some Nuttiness to Da_maniaC's Zmas2k5 mappack VERY soon too Cool
Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:07 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Milian
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Cybershark wrote:

still no idea when it'll all be complete - don't see why he should rush when i took so damn long Laughing

I'd like to finish it very soon, so I can concentrate on the work for Zodiac.

Expect to see the new Nuttyness this or next sunday...

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Milian's Doom Site Forum Index » The Nutty Wad & Nutty" All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: