Milian's Doom Site Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Nutty II
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Milian's Doom Site Forum Index » The Nutty Wad & Nutty" View previous topic
View next topic
Nutty II
Cybershark

Post Nutty II Reply with quote
i know the curtain hasn't quite gone down on Nutty yet but being as all-new maps for an all-new wad are in progress, here's something i knocked-up today:

i know Mili wants the sequel to be called Nutty 2 (Squared), but i really wanted to use the Doom2 'II' in the pic. it'll do for now Very Happy

heh, guess you'll have to add a NuttyII forum too Mil Smile

oh and godFad3r still says he'll be happy to put Nutty up once it's done Very Happy
Fri May 06, 2005 6:51 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Cybershark

Post Cyber's diary" - SPOILER ALERT Reply with quote
well Mili & i are still getting Nutty ready for full 'official' release...

but because i'm still in a mapping frenzy and to keep you all excited, here's some sneak peeks of forthcoming attractions: Very Happy

this one nearly made it into Nutty but i wasn't quite sure how to handle it. it's... i dunno, 99% done now? (can't think of anything else to do to it but i'll leave that 1% out just in case Razz )

trust me, it's nowhere near as flat as it looks Razz

and, talk about planning ahead - this pic comes from the first work i've done for map32 for Nutty" Exclamation
only reason it's planned so far down the line is because it'll be my 'Wolfenstyle' map for Nutty" - the return of the diabolical Doktor Vells Twisted Evil

Sun May 08, 2005 2:09 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Milian
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
LOL

CYBERSHARK IS ON A MAPPINGSPREE!

But nice work. After I've done the rework of the homepage, I'll go on with my mapping for nutty", too.

Milian

Sun May 08, 2005 11:18 am View user's profile Send private message
Cybershark

Post Cyber's diary Reply with quote
damn, seems like ages since i posted anything here but it's only been about a week Laughing

either way, it felt like time for an update. so here's something old & something new.

first pic is from the Sentinel map that i'm still working on. much as the look of the map suggests, this keeps coming together in pieces like a jigsaw puzzle. i solved the problems i had with the Sentinel's 'eye' and have made the trees look better. the damn slopes are still giving me headaches in places though Mad

and this pic comes from a new map called 'Up & Down' (so far). i had the idea a while back but it got shelved and forgotten for a while. made the map quite quickly early Sunday morning and i've been back since and made it good to go. quite oddly for me i don't have a tune in mind for this one yet.

Thu May 19, 2005 2:43 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
drs

Post Reply with quote
HI,
looks very cool Smile
Do you know when NuttyII's going to be released yet?
Thu May 19, 2005 6:02 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Milian
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hmm... I'd like to have it done very soon, but I must admit that currently I'm busy rather with Biovite than Nutty"...
And first of all, we should put the finishing touches to the first Nuttyness, I guess.
Anyway, I'd like to contribute very good maps and maybe more than 1 or 2 to the first version, so I think, it won't be released before july maybe?

@Shark:
Really nice work with the second map. I enjoyed it very much playing it locally.

@DRS:
What was/is up with the nutty server? Heavy crash yesterday, it seems. And what will we do when there are 2 nutty wads? Make a second server? Or maybe you can make a new server mod, where players can vote which wad they wanna play Laughing

Milian

Thu May 19, 2005 6:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
drs

Post Reply with quote
Milian wrote:
@DRS:
What was/is up with the nutty server? Heavy crash yesterday, it seems. And what will we do when there are 2 nutty wads? Make a second server? Or maybe you can make a new server mod, where players can vote which wad they wanna play Laughing

I have no idea what was up with it. I was just about to join a game when it died Confused
I'd not been able to connect to it though Zdaemon or SSH, and it had stopped serving webpages till an hour or so ago. It looks like it dropped the internet connection for some reason and was unable to automaticly reconnect Sad had to wait for some one at home to power-cycle it (I'm at university).

As for when there are two wads, i'm not sure.... i'm certanly not able to run two servers (one with 6 players gets laggy at times as it is Razz)
Although I get the impression the next version of ZServ will have some sort of support for wad rotation? soon find out i guess

@Cybershark: You were asking how people found the nutty wadfile for kakistoz's server - do a google search for nutty32.zip for the answer Wink (which is what getwad does if all else fails)
Thu May 19, 2005 8:28 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Milian
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Ok, this is an early stage of my first contribution to Nutty":

Rabid Squirrels!

Milian

Edit: This is post no. 100 of this forum. Thanks to all, who contributed Smile

Fri May 20, 2005 12:31 am View user's profile Send private message
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
heh, guess that puts me in Room 101 then Smile

Squirrels is looking very promising. i think this is gonna be a favourite map for a lot of people in Nutty". you sure won't get bored waiting for players to arrive but damn, those bastards take some killing (even with a BFG!)

Milian & i took a version of that map and Up&Down for a test drive tonight. very pleased with the results.
we also tried out a revised version of Nutzi Fortress (map31 in Nutty). the map's just the same but i've cranked up the weapons and got rid of the dumb bouncing effect on the walkways. that one's gonna play a lot better in the final release. Very Happy

@ DRS: very favourable search results. top marks.
and good luck with those final exams man.
Fri May 20, 2005 1:03 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Post Reply with quote
Cybershark wrote:
and good luck with those final exams man.
Thanks, but there not really 'final' exams though; I'm only a first year...
Sat May 21, 2005 12:26 pm
drs

Post Reply with quote
damit, i could have sworn i was logged in Rolling Eyes
Sat May 21, 2005 12:28 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Whiteboy567

Post Reply with quote
first i would like to congratulate both of u for an excellent wad that u produced very fun deathmatch was to be found in it Smile now i thought of a couple of nutty ideas not really big ones but i jsut thought i would share them anyways here are my ideas for some maps -

first idea-each person starts in a small room and there are 8 switches around u.These switches are activated by shooting them and all of the switches causes a crusher to activate in another one of the squares and crushes another players and of course gets u a frag but one of the switches in your box also causes a crusher to come down on u and u lose a point pretty simple idea like i said.

last idea- Well i was thinking that there could be like a giant not really a giant but like crushers that look feet heh and the players arel ike ants sort of and i dont know if it can be odne but moving crushers so it looks like the giant is wlaking and u have to frag otherp layers while avoiding the crushers which makes u lose a point.

anyways theres my stupid ideas Smile
Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:55 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Milian
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi, Whiteboy,
welcome to the forum Smile

Both your ideas are really excellent. The second one probably won't be possible to build, at least, I have no idea how that could be done.
But your first suggestion is Nuttyness at its best! I really lmao when I read it.
Only problem, I see, is that the crushers must be stopped after they crushed someone, cause otherwise if a player spawned under a lowered crusher, he would be stuck. But the idea is excellent and I'll think about it, how to make a playable map out of it.

Thanks!

Milian

Edit: At least I have a name for that map: "Crush on you!"

Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:10 am View user's profile Send private message
Whiteboy567

Post Reply with quote
hahahahahahaha excelent name for the map yea the second idea i thought it might be able to be done with scripts and stuff to make the crusher move guess not Sad

ok i thought of a couple more nutty ideas Very Happy here they are if your interested-

ok first idea- ok i got this idea from the show survivor Razz i was thinking each person starts on top of this single pole a very tall skinny pole just enough so u can spawn on it anyways there would be a pit below like down as far as the zdaemon engine can handle thee would be like a wall blocking your veiw to shoot people while there on poles so in order to kill someone u would have to drop down off the pole and try and kill someone while your falling.

second idea- i dont know how its done but there was a topic on zdoom forums about a loop like thing like in the sonic games and the guy created it to go around and around if i can find the topic ill post it here anyways i was thinking if u could make a map out of that somehow Razz
Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:45 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
yep, good to have ya here Whitey Very Happy
and nice to hear your ideas too. i know i've got enough ideas to fill my half of Nutty" but i keep having new ones and it's always good to hear other people's.

heh, you 've got quite a crusher fetish there haven't you?
crushers as feet? never gonna happen Crying or Very sad
makes me think of Monty Python or Jet Set Willy though Smile

activated crushers giving you a point? hmm... that's outside my expertise too. Milian and i know s#!t about scripts Very Happy

freefall kills? heh, it's possible you may see this sometime Wink
so on Survivor they just keep falling and they have to shoot each other?

a loop like in Sonic?
rofl, i was just thinking of a rollercoaster last night. i came to the conclusion (at the time) that a loop-the-loop would be impossible but it could still be scenery.
then i read this! be real interested in seeing that thread if you can find it.
as it is i got chatting to Mili tonight and as we were talking about this i came up with an idea of how this could perhaps be done. time will tell...
Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:02 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Whiteboy567.

Post Reply with quote
i kept forgetting this sites address Sad then i remembered that cyber had it in his profile Smile anyways i found the topic

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=3720&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

just skim through ittill u get to the loop enjoy Smile
Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:35 am
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
uh White, ya ever hear of bookmarking? Laughing

i got bored and went looked up that wad myself.
not a bad implementation but it's too rough looking and all those silent teleports would be murder in DM.
which, obviously is the point of DM... but i wouldn't design a loop map like that and then want it turning into a TF Spree.
like i said, i have some ideas for better ways to pull that one off.

i got to thinking about stuff at work the other night and came up with a couple'a map ideas.
one is for... feet as crushers (so maybe it will happen after all Wink ).

the other? well ever since i made my fountain for MAG HQ i've wanted to make the ultimate Doom water feature.
i got a bit closer with the fountain in Nutzi Fortress but ultimately i want a whole map to be one big water feature i think.

i laid down some very 'bare bones' versions of these 2 maps. gonna wait to see what Mili thinks of them and then prob'ly develop them some.
Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:04 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Cybershark

Post Cyber's diary" Reply with quote
m'kay, being as Mili and i were aiming for a first release of Nutty" to be out around the end of June then i thought i better get my thumb out my ass and go do some work there.

had all these maps in progress (and some done) even before the final version of Nutty hit the shelves but i just keep starting more new stuff and not going to finish the old Laughing

so today i added a couple more player starts to 'Quicksand', fixed a slight glitch with the bridges on 'Up & Down' (gave it music too) and decorated the bareness that was 'View To a Kill':

this one's gonna feel like a mix of TF Spree, Wormholes, Through the Looking Glass & Darkroom all rolled into one Cool

the only missing piece of the puzzle now is map01. i know what i want this map to be but i'm having some trouble getting it there Mad
the first version i made i didn't like too much, the second crashed and the third is... idk, not quite satisfactory either.

ho hum. rest assured the show will go on!
Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:31 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Cybershark

Post Cyber's diary " Reply with quote
ok so it's late - well, not as late as i usually turn in but it feels later...
make any sense? doubt it. Razz

my point is i was thinking of posting another pic or 2 but i can't be bothered!

anyway, i finally found a direction for my Nutty" map01. thanks to Samiam, Kilgore & Gollum for the inspiration.

i have been so damn excited about this one ever since then. maybe even more excited than i got about the Sentinel map (that i have yet to finish Laughing )
but i'd like to keep some surprises so i'm not gonna say much more about it. and i don't like comparing maps to others (especially other Nutty maps) but this one will have a little Skyscraper Caper, some Trampoline and one magical ingredient. it might even contain some Vin Diesel too Twisted Evil
also my first ACS scripts! WOOT! although technically they're Julz_D's, i just 'borrowed' them and modified them some Wink

BTW Milian liked at least one of my newer map proposals so it'll be onwards and upwards with that soon i guess.

hmm... first release approaches and we need a filename here and bah, you can't have " as part of a name Mad
nuttyII-1?
nutty2.8?
nuT-v2a?

(hnn... just go to bed Cyber... Rolling Eyes )
Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:31 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Milian
Site Admin

Post Re: Cyber's diary " Reply with quote
Cybershark wrote:

nuttyII-1?
nutty2.8?
nuT-v2a?

Hi, Shark!

Filename is easy
- nuttyII: I prefer not to use capital letters in filenames cause they're case-sensitive in net-communication. So it would be nuttyii and that looks ugly.

- nutty2.8: The point could cause some problems when programs try to seperate the filename and -ending (like the ZLauncher)

So, I think it should be nutty2_8 or nutty2v8, where "8" is the number of maps (like with the first nutty) and a/b/c in case there are different versions of the same wad.

Oh, I just become aware that it IS end of june. Wow! Fast month!
I'm curious how it all will play. Hopefully we'll have many players for the premiere. Maybe I can add an announcement on the site, so people know when it will be online. Just tell me the date and/or time, or whatever Smile

Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Milian's Doom Site Forum Index » The Nutty Wad & Nutty" All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: