Milian's Doom Site Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
My project in progress: Return to Phobos

Reply to topic    Milian's Doom Site Forum Index » Other Wads & Projects View previous topic
View next topic
My project in progress: Return to Phobos
Blackfleet

Post My project in progress: Return to Phobos Reply with quote
You've looked death in the eye and survived, you battled your way through Hell and lived to tell the tale. You single handedly destroyed the devil himself and saved the Earth from the ultimate doom.
So where is your god damn reward?
Turns out the brass are a bit pissed off at the aftermath of your "heroic deeds". Sure, you may have saved humanity. But you also destroyed a valuable specimen known as the Icon of Sin. In another time you may have been rewarded for your acts of valor, but times have changed.

New Earth, new government.
You have two choices. You can either sit in prison and wait for execution, or you can pay off your debt in combat.

Recently, a secret research facility was discovered on Phobos. Although there is very little intel on this facility, we have enough to know that this station was used to develop illegal weapons based on that used by the forces of hell. Some of the more... unstable experiments used human test subjects! The few recon marines who made it back reported massive infestation, extremely hostile aliens, and a shit load of casualties.
We have a few squads posted at the entrance to the station. casualties have been.... minor.

So, you can forget about being a marine. You are now a delta force soldier, the elite of the elite
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This wad will be played differently from those of other Doom games. You will have TEAMMATES to back you up. So don't shoot the soldiers wearing grey uniforms. They will help you fight enemies.
Screenshots coming soon.
Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
Milian
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Wow! Sounds interesting. Keep us up-to-date with the project!

Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:30 pm View user's profile Send private message

Post Reply with quote
UPDATE: I have some screen shots of map 1 and 2.
I've finished map 1 and just started map 2
Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:48 pm

Post Re: My project in progress: Return to Phobos Reply with quote
Blackfleet wrote:
You've looked death in the eye and survived, you battled your way through Hell and lived to tell the tale. You single handedly destroyed the devil himself and saved the Earth from the ultimate doom.
So where is your god damn reward?
Turns out the brass are a bit pissed off at the aftermath of your "heroic deeds". Sure, you may have saved humanity. But you also destroyed a valuable specimen known as the Icon of Sin. In another time you may have been rewarded for your acts of valor, but times have changed.

New Earth, new government.
You have two choices. You can either sit in prison and wait for execution, or you can pay off your debt in combat.

Recently, a secret research facility was discovered on Phobos. Although there is very little intel on this facility, we have enough to know that this station was used to develop illegal weapons based on that used by the forces of hell. Some of the more... unstable experiments used human test subjects! The few recon marines who made it back reported massive infestation, extremely hostile aliens, and a shit load of casualties.
We have a few squads posted at the entrance to the station. casualties have been.... minor.

So, you can forget about being a marine. You are now a delta force soldier, the elite of the elite
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This wad will be played differently from those of other Doom games. You will have TEAMMATES to back you up. So don't shoot the soldiers wearing grey uniforms. They will help you fight enemies.
Screenshots coming soon.

----UPDATE----
Here are a couple of screen shots of maps 1 and 2.

Map01

This is where you start. In case you're wondering, I'm using the Mortres texture packet off of the Afterglow website. I can't make textures. Sad

Here is the main area of map 1. As you can see the soldiers are rather relaxed. After all, it has been a couple of days since the last attack.

Right after you grab your shotgun two hellknights manage to hack into the security system and open the door! Help the soldiers destroy the hell knight.

Just what the title says...

Map02

As the elevator reaches the bottom, a loud scream rips through the air. Aparently the scouts encountered something.... Inside the room are the bodies of 5 deltaforce scouts, torn and bleeding. Blood has splattered the nearby light, bathing the room in a crimson red light.

After the fierce fight with the horrible demons, your comrads do what they do best... shrug it off and move on.
Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:56 pm
Milian
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
LOL

That's great. Can't wait to play it.

How are the other marines done? Are they scripted?

Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:56 pm View user's profile Send private message

Post Reply with quote
Milian wrote:
LOL

That's great. Can't wait to play it.

How are the other marines done? Are they scripted?

Actually it's the new Zdoom feature, you can mark various monsters and characters with "friendly" tag. They're not very helpful, but they won't attack you.
Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:14 am
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
yeah, does look promising.
i really like the lighting effect and the green metal texture you used.

i had wondered about the 'friendly' flag. i assumed it was just to stop monsters attacking each other but i'd only tested it in Zdaemon - doesn't do much of anything there i don't think Laughing
Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:47 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
VICHONIX

Post Reply with quote
thats my "karma" Razz

Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:57 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Milian's Doom Site Forum Index » Other Wads & Projects All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: