Milian's Doom Site Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
MT2b

Reply to topic    Milian's Doom Site Forum Index » Other Wads & Projects View previous topic
View next topic
MT2b
Magnetron256

Post MT2b Reply with quote
Hello everyone!!!

MT2b is now out. Yes it needs some tweaking but it's here for you all to see!!

http://uk.geocities.com/magnetron256/

Maps are 01, 05, 07 and 10. All DM [currently] without monsters.

Perhaps some of you might like to put it on a server??

ENJOY or else.

WOOLLYTRON256
Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:46 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
good stuff Doktor! hopefully it'll come along a bit faster now?

and now hosted all over the place! Very Happy
(Magneclown will conquer all)
Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:01 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Chiphead2XS

Post Reply with quote
Magnetron256,

I think you shoulld work more on that maps. I see great potential but it looks like you have to reveal more of that. Wink
I really like map 7 and 10. The other two were a bit small for my taste.

It would be nice if you could add some more maps to make it a action stuffed mappack. Usually it makes not much sense hosting 4-map-packs, since there is rarely someone going to play it.

And if you are on it, please include a standard textfile in the ZIP together with the map. I hate to figure out for how many people a WAD will be suitable and what DMFLAGS to pick. Laughing

Get it on, and good luck. Cool

B-movie, gimme some gore

[QOTSA - Millionaire]
Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:37 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Magnetron256

Post Reply with quote
Hi all,

Develpoment continues at a slow pace. Some slight inaccuracies have been corrected and the night-vision goggles have now gone - they were useless. The bridgey map (with the holes in the walls) has been added to also.

I don't think there will be another release for some time.... Embarassed

BTW: I have played Barrels Of Fun today!!!! ROFL! It's very good. Map 8 is difficult! Nice work there chaps! Cool Very Happy Laughing

That's all for now.

See you soon, thanks for reading.

MAGNETRON256
http://uk.geocities.com/magnetron256/
Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:11 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Milian
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi!

Maybe we should give it a go on a CHiP server? Map development is more fun and more delightful when a wad is actually played. Smile

Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
well he never works on it and he's rarely on to play so there goes that idea Laughing

good to know there's been some progress though Herr Doktor! however shlight...
Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:30 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Magnetron256

Post Ahem... Reply with quote
Herr Doktor ist hier again,

MT2d is now complete and on my website (http://uk.geocities.com/magnetron256).

One (yes) new map and an extension to another map. Thanks to Baah-vd-plas for spotting the grossen error in MT2c!!! It was a 9Mb grossen error.

There's a spot of musique! in there aswell.

The update to the wad is so tiny that I wouldn't bother downloading it myself.... but if you're curious at what levels my wad editing skills have reduced to then download AT ONCE!!

Happy Christmas, and happy fragularing in 2008.
or as it said in a Christmas card received a few days ago...

HAVE A JOLLY FESTIVE TIME!

MAGNETRON256
Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:38 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
ah, i was hoping you'd post this up and that i'd remember to comment on it - Baah mentioned it was around and i took the chance to skip from one odd map number to the next during the week.
hahaha, he told me about your WAV (han)cock-up. very poor show Dr! Embarassed

can't say the map updates were spectacular, what was the 'extension'? you'd added some steps to map01?
but hey, i'm liking your newfound texturing skills. BRIAN BLESSED FOR THE WIN! that face usage still gives me a good chuckle everytime i see it.
the new map was rather basic and not terribly inspired but had a nice look to it and the animated display screens were highly impressive. but why all the 'Shyshtem Errorsh'? you, Milner and Hellish been slacking off on your repairs once again? Razz
teleports on that map would perhaps benefit from some sort of colour-coding but idk, i guess you'd prefer to confuse. oh and i must ask - why do beetles make good doktors?

and yesh, a hearty HO-HO-HO to you too!
Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:42 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Magnetron256

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for your comments oh spied-in-town-by-Windy Sharky!!

The new map does look rather plain but I think it plays well-ish (tested by Addy, Baah and myself). The animated screens with the SYSTEM ERROR were created from an advert I "acquired" from a telephone box. The error is caused by Windows Vista Rolling Eyes . Beetles make good doktors according to David Firth (http://www.fat-pie.com/spoilsminus2.htm). It is a line from his "Spoilsbury Toastboy minus 2" (rated 18 at least). As for the teleports I think confusion is all part of the MT philosophy - just like gay holes, test maps, etc. OK I just made that up.... Smile

The extensionsh are on MAP05!!! Laughing I'm glad you find the Brian Blessed's funny. I can't possibly give details of the extensions... All MAP05 wall textures were slightly tweaked and the lines that make up the balconies have been "thinned out" too. As I may have mentioned before, MAP01's shadows have been corrected. Just a slight annoyance really that one of the shadows was the wrong angle, but I suppose if I were to be really picky they're all wrong really...

I hope you identified the Hi-score music... I can't believe I put WAVs in!!! Embarassed In case anyone was wondering, the WAVs have been replaced by OGGs.

Shoot you all soon....

MAGNEJOHN256

Last edited by Magnetron256 on Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:03 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Milian
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I remember playing this ages ago! Makes me curious to... maybe... log in for a Deathmatch again.

Maybe leave me a note when it's online and your gonna play it. Don't want to miss that.

Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
haha, yeah that'd be good but der Doktor is online about as often as you are Laughing

hmm... talking of servers and stuff... i've not spoken with Chip since he notified us that his servers were going down for a while. i know he's busy so i didn't want to impose but it occurs to me that as it's now Christmas holidays and Kilgore has been forced to rewrite the server binaries that now would be a good time to give him a prod...
Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:52 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Milian
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Ok. I'm away for some days but will write him when I'm back (if you don't write him during the holidays).

Have a jelly Christmas, you both Razz

Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:57 pm View user's profile Send private message
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
going anywhere nice?
my Mum's gone to Egypt for Christmas Laughing

have a great time whatever you're doing!
Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:56 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Magnetron256

Post Reply with quote
Is your mum going to see Sheikhing Stevens?

Sand is blowing,
All around me,
Camels laying,
In the sun,
'Tis the suncream,
That stops me from burning,
Merry Christmas to Sharky's mum!

Magneserver
has been up hosting MT2d along with resident bot MAGNETRON128. Quite a few people have been to have a look... and they've stayed for mmmore than two minutes - a vast improvement on MT1r!!!

It makes be laugh reading player's chat messages in response to MAGNETRON128's bot chat!
One player clearly had a ping problem (or there's a map error) and announced >YOU'LL HAVE TO GO BACK TO PLAYING ON YOUR OWN I CAN'T MOVE! and then quit! ROFL

Shee you all Shoon.

MAGNETRON256

Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:49 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Cybershark

Post Reply with quote
ROFL @ the ORFL song and puns! very creative there Doktor Very Happy

and aye, i saw MT2D running away last night. couldn't be arsed to play with the damn peshky bot though Razz
Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:45 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Magnetron256

Post Reply with quote
AAYYY Happy New Year! Very Happy

About a week after I told Shark that I was doing quite a bit of work towards MT2e the nights became lighter and the weather improved and so WAD development has slowed down. Never fear, I'll be back on it soon and be releasing hopefully before the end of 2008 (and no you can't have a sneak preview Wink ).

Heheh well I hope all is well at Milian Heights and Sharkus isn't in too much deep water.

So toodle-oo for now and shee you shoon in the mighty world of ZDaemon.

Elusive-tron256

Mon May 12, 2008 2:26 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Magnetron256

Post Reply with quote
AAAYYY!

I've decided to release MT2e!! Surprised

Changes since MT2d are a slight modification to MAP03 and a new map MAP08. Cool

Look out for the (intermittent) server! Wink

M-M-M-MAGNETRON-N-N 256 Twisted Evil

Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:40 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Reply to topic    Milian's Doom Site Forum Index » Other Wads & Projects All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: