Milian's Doom Site Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
You're invited!

Reply to topic    Milian's Doom Site Forum Index » Other Wads & Projects View previous topic
View next topic
You're invited!
Milian
Site Admin

Post You're invited! Reply with quote
Hello, boys and girls!

I had an idea for a wad, which turned out, after some tests, to be quite funny. But I don't want to make dozens of maps all around the same gameplay idea.
Given, that many mappers wanted to contribute maps to the Nutty project (which Shark and me always rejected with a half-bad conscience), I've now decided to make a community project out of this idea.

Mappers of the world, sharpen your editing tools and listen!

The concept:

In this wad, players are... barrels! That's all.
This makes gameplay quite complicated, because you're camouflaged best, if you don't move and wait between other barrels. But this is quite dangerous of course...
So we need maps, where the fact that you can't tell if a thing is a barrel or a waiting player, will lead to never-seen and probably quite crazy gameplay. Make the best out of it.

The jury:

I want to make a high-quality wad out of it. That's why I 'll put only the very best contributions into it. I'll limit it to, say, the 16 best maps.
A jury, consisting of Cybershark, Phenex, me and maybe one or two other friends, will test and judge every map and the best will be taken for the final release.
We will rate the gameplay, originality and the looks of it.

How to contribute:

- Every mapper may submit a maximum of 2 maps. The unzipped wad must be 500kB or less in filesize, complete with music.
- No custom textures please.
- Game mode is FFA, 12 starting points at least.
- I don't want to fiddle with several half-done versions of the same maps. So take your time, make the best map ever, test it extensively and only submit it, when it's complete and done.
- Send your wad in zip or rar format to marc_013@gmx.de along with the following information:
* Your name
* Credits for the music (author and title)
* I'm going to present the project on my homepage, where each map will have a screenshot and an author's note about his map (just like I did for Nutty). So, please send me one or more screenshots of your map and maybe a short description or message for the homepage.
And please put "Barrels o'Fun" into the subject line, so it won't get lost in my mail folders Smile

Deadline is sunday, 19th november, so there's no need to do the whole thing in 2 days. Take your time and just make your best map Smile

Release will be by the end of november.

Last edited by Milian on Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:25 pm View user's profile Send private message

Post Reply with quote
almost done with the final on my first map (just bug fixing) should be ready to email you soon Smile
Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:41 am
Milian
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Good news! (Whoever you are Very Happy )

Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:16 am View user's profile Send private message
BlackShark

Post Reply with quote
srry, i forgot to put my name Smile its BlackShark
Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:18 pm
Reply to topic    Milian's Doom Site Forum Index » Other Wads & Projects All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: